Friday, September 21, 2007

The kids are just nuts about this band...


It took me a while to take to Spoon but I'm finally coming around to them. From Austin, TX, the quartet plays a foot-tapping pop that you'll be singing along to in the car. The band formed in 1994 and Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga, released in July, is their sixth album. Here's their first single off Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga:

The Underdog

And my favorite track:

You Got Yr Cherry Bomb

Little bit of a Chicago-feel. We can dig.

Apple's rocking some fresh indie music as well to promote the new iPod nano. That catchy pop tune you can't help but like is from Feist.

Here's 1, 2, 3, 4

And check out My Man, My Moon

and I Feel It All

Getting alot of blog-love these days is Panda Bear , a member of Animal Collective. It's a bit out there for me, but from Panda Bear's album Person Pitch, here's

Comfy In Nautica

And from Animal Collective's new album Strawberry Jam, give a listen to

Peacebone

Other darlings of the indie scene these days are Okkervil River, who also hail from Austin, TX.

Check out a few from their latest album The Stage Names

Our Life Is Not A Movie Or Maybe

A Hand To Take Hold Of The Scene

You Can't Hold The Hand Of A Rock N Roll Man

No comments: