Thursday, October 11, 2007

Simone White :: I Am The Man



I just came across Simone White the other day and listened to the title track to her new album, I Am The Man. Give this song a listen!

Her gentle strumming and carefully crafted vocals belie her surefooted and staunch convictions about right and wrong in world.

Her album was released earlier this year in the U.K. and unfortunately, isn't available in the U.S. yet. Instrumentation is sparse through most of the album as Simone and her acoustic guitar take front and center stage. While the album as a whole is "alright", two songs in particular have grabbed me.

The other song I found intriguing on her album is called "Roses Are Not Red". An "I'm-certainly-not-heartbroken-over-losing-you" lament if one has ever been written!

Roses Are Not Red

Roses are not red
A still life never growing
The sun is not a source of light
And the wind will not be blowing
Birds will die
Up in the sky
The sky that is not blue
Everything is as it was
I never loved you
I never loved you



No comments: